I have been nominated by Love, Support, Educate, Advocate, Accept… for the Sunshine Award. I would like to thank Julie for the honor. I am always flattered to receive recognition from a fellow blogger.
“Sunshine, as the name suggests, is an award for bloggers whose blogs are bright and full of life.”
The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- List 11 facts about YOU!
- Nominate 10 other blogs to receive the award
- Announce the nominations to the nominee
So without further delay…
1) I love chemistry and music but do not want a career in either. They are hobbies that, in one way or another, make an appearance in my life daily.
2) I read many travel and geography books. I am incredibly curious about foreign cultures, languages, and linguistics.
3) I am socially awkward. I read more etiquette books than the average person to build my confidence for social situations. Nevertheless, I usually end up saying or doing something weird.
4) My interest in a social work career has been reinforced by having a micro preemie. As tragic as it was, I found it to be an excellent and unique learning experience to be placed in the role of a client.
5) As a parent, I have no idea what I’m doing. I play it by ear and figure it out or make it up as I go.
6) I avoid people who think they know everything, experience has shown they generally know the least.
7) College was more than a means to a degree for me. I gained self confidence, discovered a love of learning, learned self discipline, tried jobs or classes outside of my comfort zone, and accomplished things I wasn’t sure I could do.
8) Volunteer work, giving to others, cheering for the underdog, and helping others have always been important values to me.
9) My hope for Charlie is that she finds a sense of belonging and she is happy… whatever that means to her.
10) I am not brave. Most of the time, I’m scared of or intimidated by many things in my life. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and go through with whatever it is.
11) I would much rather know what is than wonder, “What if…” .
The ten blogs I nominate are:
1) Laughing, Living, Weeping
2) Normal Is The New “Boring”
3) Undiagnosed But We’re Okay With That
4) MOM – Not Otherwise Specified
6) Life On The Moon
7) JAM Sessions: Lessons Learned Through A Micro Preemie
8) Premmeditations: Reflections On Premie Parenting
9) Child Life Mommy
10) Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities And Remaining Sane
Happy reading everyone! I hope you find a new blog to enjoy and follow.
My favorite picture of Charlie’s two minute snow play experience. An example of how not everything we try works out.