I have been nominated by Tales of a Twin Mombie. I am always flattered when one of my blogging peers recognizes me. For those of you unfamiliar with how this works, I am to answer ten questions asked of me and pose ten more questions to the blogs of my choosing.
1. What led you to start your blog and how long have you been blogging?
I never intended to have a blog. It started almost two years ago in the NICU. I found that piecing together a scrapbook and filling out Charlie’s NICU baby book was incredibly helpful for me. Once Charlie came home, I started to log our journey on Facebook. That got old fast. I moved on to a Tumblr account. Shortly after, my rants and rambles became too long for that.
On Charlie’s first birthday (May 2013), I started the blog you are now reading. The blog has been a wonderful way to document Charlie’s progress, connect with others, a source of stress relief, and an aid in my processing of things. It was also an opportunity learn about blogs, platforms, and social media as a way to expand my skill set during my time as a stay at home mom. I was concerned about my skills becoming obsolete while I was out of the work force.
2. What did you accomplish in 2013 that you feel the most proud about?
I am proud to have procured the services Charlie needed in order to thrive. I am proud of my new found ability as a special needs mom and advocate.
3. If you could recommend a MUST READ, what would it be and why?
I am a Scribd addict. It is tough for me to narrow books down to a MUST READ. However, because this is a preemie blog, I will recommend a preemie MUST READ. The Preemie Primer by Jennifer Gunter, MD is my MUST READ. The Preemie Primer was my favorite and most useful of all the preemie books I read while Charlie was in the NICU.
4. When you are feeling stressed out, what is something that almost always works to calm you?
I go for a hike with my dog. I love the outdoors.
5. What TV character do you identify the most with and why?
Lois Griffin… but I’m not as hot. 🙂
6. If you had to give yourself a superhero name, what would it be and why?
Impromptu Girl, I can improvise and make just about anything work within a moment’s notice.
7. What do you admire the most about your husband?
He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. After I lose my patience and reach my breaking point, my husband continues to be nice when dealing with a situation.
8. What is your guilty pleasure? Something you shouldn’t indulge but just have to sometimes?
Beer. Although, I don’t indulge as much as I would like to since Charlie’s birth.
9. What’s your occupation? Do you enjoy it? Why or why not?
Right now, I am a stay at home mom. I do enjoy it. I know how fortunate I am (on many levels) to be a stay at home mom. I know my time, as such, is limited. I try to make the most of it. However, I do wonder what comes next.
10. Three favorite online shopping websites?
To be fair, I order quite often from Amazon but that doesn’t mean it is my favorite. The sites that I peruse regularly, watch prices on, and find my heart beats faster when I click the “Order” button are:
Now, it is time for my nominations. I nominate the following blogs written by other amazing preemie moms:
My questions for these blogs are:
1) Who is your favorite musician(s)? Have you seen them live?
2) What is your favorite memory so far on your preemie journey?
3) Why do you blog?
4) In your opinion, what is the best benefit you’ve received from blogging?
5) What do you want others to know as a preemie mom?
6) What do you wish you knew while your baby was in the NICU?
7) What is your favorite food?
8) Do you have any pets? What kind? Why or why not?
9) What other hobbies/interests do you have?
10) What are your top three favorite websites?