With Charlie being under the weather this weekend, we stayed home all weekend. I have had plenty of time to think. There is a list of things I would like to do in the next few years. Here it is… along with the obstacles that will have to be surmounted to carry them out.
- I would like to ride the Cardinal and Empire Builder Amtrak lines with Charlie. I would like her to be old enough to remember the trip. In addition, I need to save up for the tickets.
- I wish to take Charlie on a cross country road trip with her dad. We could see sites and visit friends along the way. Again, I want to wait until she is older for memory’s sake.
- I long to get back into running and biking. I need to have my spine treated. My first appointment since I became pregnant with Charlie is tomorrow.
- I want to visit each of the Virginia State Parks with Charlie. We are well on our way to checking off this one.
- I aspire to find meaningful work that utilizes my skill set once Charlie is in school. The challenge is finding or rediscovering a direction.
- I have the yearning to enjoy a delicious meal topped off by desert with Charlie. She will have to overcome her oral aversion and feeding issues before this can happen.
- I really want to take Charlie to her first baseball game. Plans are in the works.
- There is a particular keepsake quilt that I would like to make. There are two barriers: I need a new sewing machine and my back pain. It would be nice to get back into sewing in general.
Presently, the idea of a bucket list is too overwhelming. Especially, on the days that we fall back into survival mode. It was much easier to strategize for the next few years. Now that the list is made, the challenge has become to complete it.
Charlie has been resting this weekend. She is wearing a t shirt given to her by a dear friend.