September 9, 2013
Six Important Posts Written By NICU Parents
Long before I was capable of stringing together words for a blog, I lurked on other sites. Some posts were so profound that they stand out in my memory. I often find myself directing others to these posts. The following posts are extraordinary:
1) Dear New Preemie Parent – Tatum at Ain’t No Roller Coaster is an amazing blogger with many powerful posts. This particular post is beautifully written, full of truth, and poignant.
2) Leaving The Hospital Without Your Baby – This post is actually an excerpt from the book titled Preemie Primer. It describes the experience of being discharged while your baby is in the NICU.
3) The Reasons Why – I enjoy following Laughing, Living, Weeping quite a bit. In The Reasons Why, the author bravely describes the experience of NICU burnout with striking honesty.
4) Take That Coupon And Shove It, Lady… – Following Normal Is The New Boring is a fun adventure. This particular post by a preemie mom made me laugh out loud. I think we have all been there.
5) How To Start A Preemie Support Group – I really like Urban Flowerpot. I chose the linked post because I have answered many forum questions with it.
6) What Not To Say - The author of Life With Jack lists what not to say to a preemie parent while providing helpful suggestions of what to say.
NICU parents, do you have any favorite posts or articles that you would like to share?